Introduction

 This blog came about as a result of having reached the milestone of being here for 80 years. I view the occasion with a slight sense of  surprised bemusement, largely because of a less then stellar family health history and the the fact that I spent a good deal of the first half of those 80 years smoking and drinking heavily. Fortunately I found a better path to travel and now have a few thought to share and tales to tell as this journey approaches an end.

 There are a few things I miss. Departed friends (my 100 year old mother-in-law tells me this one will become larger), civil discourse, trees and fireflies (see subsequent post on tornado), online forums and writing about boats since Duckworks ezine departed.

I'm not particularly concerned about the physical ramifications of ageing, considering this current time to be heavily into the bonus category. It helps that I can still do things that bring me peace and joy, albeit at a  slower pace, particularly boatbuilding and canoeing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metric

What will it weigh